Deciding whether or not to use a real estate agent when you buy or sell your next home is a question that you might have asked yourself in the past. If you are not sure if it would be beneficial to use a Real Estate Agent, maybe this article can help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and distributed by the National Association of Realtors shows that For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the average FSBO listing sold for $150,000 while the average real estate agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they can save time and money by selling the home on their own, this is often not the case. They also usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
• Understanding the housing market and listing their home at the right price.
• Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
• Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale. This would be marketing the home, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
• Determining whether or not they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the home.
• Selling the home within a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the largest investment most people will make in their lives. Whether you’re buying a new home or selling your existing home, Continue reading